31 January 2012

Teaser Tuesday #9

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teaser:



The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers



I scanned the garage and saw two doors. One led inside, the other to the backyard. That was where I needed to go, but I'd have to be quite so he didn't hear me. I knew from spying on him that the other half of the duplex was empty. At least there wouldn't be the problem of avoiding nosey neighbours. I'd taken only a few steps when the soft sound of grit crunching on cement startled me. Spinning around, I saw Noah's large frame half a second before he slammed into me,  knocking me back against his Jeep. The jolt sent a crack of pain up my neck and I cried out. He squelched the sound by wrapping his hands around my throat. I struggled against him, but he had the arms of an orangutan. I couldn't reach him with my blows and he easily avoided my kicks. Fighting him didn't work, so I desperately tried to explain, but his hands gripped harder until only a few grunts and gasps escaped me as my body fought for air. He had me. There was nothing I could do. - Page unknown.

This was from early on in the book but as you can tell it is full of action and it doesn't stop there it is such a thrilling book that I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next!

This quote is from an e-arc so could be different in the final edition.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very thrilling book!

    Here is mine...http://www.reading-kelly.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-jan-31.html

    ReplyDelete