5 January 2012

Book Review: Fracture

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Format: Paperback (arc)
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publishes: 5th January 2012
Pages: 262
Main Characters: Delaney, Decker and Troy
Date Started: 1st January 2012
Date Finished: 4th January 2012
Rating Given: *****

Goodreads:
By the time Delaney Maxwell was pulled from a Maine lake’s icy waters by her best friend, Decker Phillips, her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead.

But somehow Delaney survived—despite the brain scans that show irreparable damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be fine, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney now finds herself drawn to the dying, and when she meets Troy Varga, a boy who recently emerged from a coma with the same abilities, she is relieved to share this strange new existence. Unsure if her altered brain is predicting death or causing it, Delaney must figure out if their gift is a miracle, a freak of nature—or something else much more frightening….
I had been after this book for awhile from netgalley but I kept getting refused but I was able to get it in book form from Emma Bradshaw over at Bloomsbury.

I am so glad that I was able to review this book as I absolutely loved it!

I loved the concept of this story. I have recently finished a similar book about someone nearly dying with some other similarities that I won't go into as it will give some of it a way and I don't want to do that as it will spoil a great book for you.

Delaney was a good character although there was times when I would get angry at her but I think you can forgive someone that went through all the things she went through.

Again I loved Decker but at times he was annoying me but again you can kind of forgive him as I think he was confused so he didn't understand what was going on around him.

I loved the friendship between Delaney and Decker well for halfway through the book but then I just wanted to bang their heads together and tell to just speak to one another.

Troy was an interesting character as I never knew what I made of him as sometimes I would feel sorry for him and then I would be annoyed at what he was doing, I would liked to have known more about his character.

I didn't like the way Delaney's other friend was towards her near the end I found it quite sad but then in the next minute I could understand where they was coming from I just wish we got to hear what happened after as I never really found out if they forgave her or not.

This story had me on a emotional journey as one minute I would be laughing at something that was going on but then I was wanting to cry as I just felt sorry for most of the characters.

This is the kind of book that I could actually see on the big screen I think it would translate great!

This is a debut novel from Megan Miranda and what a debut it was, it was a brilliant read. Usually I like a debut novel but I hardly ever fall in love with them the way I did with this book, it always kept you guessing. You knew what you wanted to happen and sometimes I thought those things wouldn't happen which I think is a good thing to keep the readers on their toes.

Thanks to Emma Bradshaw over at Bloomsbury.