8 February 2012

Book Covers: Stolen Away

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey


I love all of Alyxandra Harvey's book covers and will probably talk about them in the future but I thought that I would start with this one as it's one of my favourites.
I love the way that it has a plain black background it makes everything else stand out all the more.
The wings on this cover is that main thing that stands out for me as they look so delicate and beautiful and even textured which I love about any book. They look if you where to touch them they would break. I like the way that there isn't many colours as I think that would end up a bit too distracting.
I think that it was a good idea to have the title and the authors name simple as it would be too much if it looked elegant and fancy. With what looks like an S in the background with the patterns on it makes the title stand out even more. I also like that they have put a highlight on the title as then it gives it a bit of light to what could have been a dark cover.