21 February 2012

Teaser Tuesday #12

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!





My Teasers:




Illuminate by Aimee Agresti






I wanted to say, I'm not, I'm a mess, I have to tell you what I saw last night, this place is freakish and frightening and I don't know how we ended up here or how we can get out. I thought of the book's admonition and I just couldn't decide if I could say something or not, so I didn't. - Page 319






                           Dark Angel by Eden Maguire





Or because he's evil and the monsters, the shape-shiffting, the nightmares are true. The green-eyed serpent opens its mouth and hisses. It coils around my body and presses against my heart.
'Tania, are you OK?' Holly asked, laying her hand over mine.
'One thing's for sure,' I whispered. 'Whatever is happening here, you should let Aaron know he had one lucky escape.' - Page 196


Both these books at the minute seem very similar and I'm actually surprised I haven't got a bit confused, even the book covers look similar! They both had started of quite bad as I couldn't get into them but they have both picked up. So far I would say Illuminate is slightly out in front as the suspense in now killing me!

Illuminate is an arc copy so therefore the quote could be different to final copy.

So there's my teasers what are your teasers this week?

4 comments:

  1. They both look and sound frightening...and exciting.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, check out the cover for Illuminate. That alone makes me want to read it!

    Here's my teaser this week: http://www.romanticlovebooks.com/home/2012/2/21/teaser-tuesdays-the-shop-on-blossom-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh awesome teases!! Both very intriguing!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete