28 February 2012

Teaser Tuesday #13

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!





My Teasers:



Torn by Amanda Hocking



"Princess, I'm not..." She squeezed her eyes shut and pressed her fingers to her temple. "Princess."
"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to argue with you," I said.
"No, Princess, I..." She reached out, grabbing the back of the couch to catch herself.
"Elora?" I rushed over to her and put my hand on her back.
"Elora, what's wrong?"
Blood seeped from her nose, but it was no simple nosebleed. It was like an artery had opened up. Her eyes rolled back in her head, and her body went limp. She collapsed, and I barely caught her in my arms.
"Help me!" I shouted. "Somebody! Help!"  Page - 208
I have actually finished this book now but I thought I would use a quote from the book as it was really good and I wanted to share it with you.




                         Forgiven by Jana Oliver






There was a grunt from the lieutenant and then the shut behind him. Staring up at the ceiling, all Beck could think of was Paul's daughter, of her bitter tears and his unrelenting fury. How sick he'd felt when she'd told him what she'd done.
It was best he had no idea where Riley Blackthorne was hiding. The way he felt right now, he'd hand her over to the demon hunters himself. - Page 21

Not started this book yet but I will be doing some time today so I thought I wouldn't go too far in the book to get a quote so that I didn't ruin it for myself.


Both books are arc copies so may differ to final version.

4 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about the Hocking bok, but haven't run across anyone who's read it before!

    Mine is a SF novel from the Doctor Who universe.

    http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read either author, but these are intriguing teasers.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wanting to read Amanda Hocking's series!! Great teaser :) You're new book also sounds interesting. Hope you like it. Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! The Forbidden teaser really has me reeling! What is going on?! Can't wait to read that one! Still have to read Switched and a million other books! Can't wait to read em though!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete